Wilkinson Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of wilkinson-plc.com and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations 2018) the data controller is Wilkinson Ltd of Bexon Court Barn, Hawks Hill Lane, Bredgar, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8HE (registration number 02670892).
This policy only applies to our website. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Wilkinson-ltd.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not pass your data on to any third parties unless given permission by yourself to do so.
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we pass your information to a third party (with your permission). You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Bexon Court Barn, Hawks Hill Lane, Bredgar, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8HE or email email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Components that we supply include ceiling plates, cones, hooks, chain, bulbs, buttons and drops. If you do not see what you are looking for on our website make sure to contact us, as we may be able to source items that meet your needs.View the components we supply
Our office and workshop are open 7am - 5pm, Monday - Friday and you are more than welcome to come visit us.Contact us to make an enquiry
If you would like to know more about our business please visit our history page, also learn more about the Royal Warrant that we hold or read about the fascinating history of Osler and Faraday.Find out about our history
Read our latest newsletters
Each month we keep you up to date with the latest news from Wilkinson Plc and the latest information from the world of glass.View our newsletter archive